top of page

Support Kelly staying safe & well

Public·5 members
Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

One Dough, Ten Breads: Making Great Bread By Hand

For anyone who's ever wanted to bake homemade bread but doesn't know where to begin, Sarah Black demonstrates that with just a few ingredients, one's own two hands, and the right recipes, even a novice baker is well on the way to making artisan-style breads. Starting with the simplest "plain white" dough, Black makes small changes to ingredients, proportions, and shapes to show how anything from baguettes or sourdough to ciabatta or even whole-wheat pain de campagne can be made using ten "foundation" breads. Luscious color photos complement the clear step-by-step instructions, and additional recipes build on this foundation to create a profusion of sandwich loaves, rustic country-style breads, dinner rolls, pizza and focaccia.

One Dough, Ten Breads: Making Great Bread by Hand

Download Zip: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftweeat.com%2F2uets3&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw11DBAAt_OgERfZBK3Awg_t

Mastering bread : the art and practice of handmade sourdough, yeast bread, and pastry / Marc Vetri and Claire Kopp McWilliams with David Joachim ; photography by Ed AndersonFrom a master of the artisan bread movement comes a comprehensive guide to making incredible bread at home, featuring more than 80 delicious recipes.

Bread comes to life : a garden of wheat and a loaf to eat / by George Levenson ; photography by Shmuel ThalerAn explanation in rhyme of how bread is made, including growing a crop of wheat, threshing, making dough and baking.

For 25 years, Sarah Black has spent every day devoted to baking bread. She loves working with her hands, and she's perfected the art of coaxing water, flour, yeast and salt into some of the best breads in the country.

From water temperature and how dough should feel to using fermentation for flavor, Black helps wrangle the intuitive elements of bread-making to create an approachable set of recipes. Building skills with 10 "foundation" breads, she imparts confidence to bakers in mastering the tricks behind perfect baguettes, focaccia and ciabatta before taking on pumpernickel, Italian semolina bread, fougasse, dinner rolls and breadsticks.

The breads I was making when I started, like focaccia and ciabatta, they were also watery. To me they were very familiar for that reason. Holding the sheet of paper to the light is exactly how we do the windowpane test for bread to see if it has been kneaded, mixed or folded to the proper degree. That was fun for me to realize.

There are absolute tips you can look for, like the smoothness of the dough, and the way the dough reflects light helps to tell you if the gluten sheets have been properly formed. You want to handle dough gently.